4.28.2010

Asian Chicken Salad with Sweet and Spicy Wasabi Dressing

ok.. ok, I don't know how healthy this recipe really is. I think it's a great salad.. my personal favorite. However it does have meat and some wanton strips which really aren't healthy, but they sure taste good. I love the dressing. I would use it on any salad with or without chicken. It's so yummy.

2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon wasabi powder (dried Japanese horseradish)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (10-13 ounce) package of romaine lettuce with carrots and red cabbage
1 (8 1/4 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 diagonally cut green onion
1 package wanton strips (such as Fresh Gormet)

1.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a wisk
2.  Add salad, chicken and oranges to to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat. Top evenly with onion and a handful of wanton strips.

Recipe from Cooking Light

This makes about 4 servings. One side note. I just buy a rotisserie chicken and take all the meat off the bones. Then just use 2 cups of the meat and save the rest for another meal or recipe.

Seriously.. my favorite salad! Enjoy.

- Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment